Purslane GazpachoVeggies: Purslane
Gazpacho is prepared with fresh and raw summer vegetable which come late in garden. The Purslane then comes in its fresh greens so it would help to add to the Gazpacho recipes which will be mild and sweet . Ingredients to be kept ready are
• 4 cups of tomato juice
• 2 cups of tomatoes diced
• 1 peeled and minced cucumber
• 2 cups of Purslane leaves ( chop them only if they are very large)
• ½ cup of finely minced green scallions or onion
• 1 finely minced garlic clove
• 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar ( or your favorite herbal vinegars )
• 1 teaspoon of basil
• 1 teaspoon of tarragon
• ¼ to ½ teaspoon of cumin
• ¼ cup of minced parsley
• 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
• Salt and pepper for taste
Procedure to be followed
• Mix all of the above ingredients.
• Take the mixture and put in food processor or a blender
• Keep it to chill to make it very cold.
• Garnish with Purslane or use it as sprig for serving.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.