Eggs in a NestVeggies: Carrots, Eggs, Spinach
Recipe taken from Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
1 medium onion, chopped
garlic to taste, chopped
½ cup sun dried tomatoes
2 bags of braising mix, coarsely chopped (substitute your Sleeping Frog spinach!)
Sea salt and pepper
Cooked brown rice (optional)
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil in a wide skillet until lightly golden.
- Add carrots and tomatoes and sauté for a few more minutes, adding just enough water to rehydrate the tomatoes.
- Mix in greens and cover pan for a few minutes. Uncover, stir well, then use the back of a spoon to make depressions in the cooked leaves, circling the pan like numbers on a clock.
- Break an egg into each depression, being careful to keep yolks whole. Cover pan again and allow eggs to poach for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over cooked brown rice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.