Eggplant Chips with Cilantro Cashew Pesto SauceVeggies: Cilantro, Eggplant
(borrowed from whatsgabycooking.com)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
2 cups fresh cilantro, packed
1/3 cup cashews, un-roasted and unsalted
2 cloves garlic, skin removed
1/2 cup olive oil + 3 tbsp
/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated
4 Japanese eggplants, thinly sliced into rounds
2 tbsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
extra salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the cilantro, cashews and 2 cloves of garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
2. Stream in 1/2 cup olive oil while the food processor is on, making sure to scrape down the sides once fully incorporated. Add the Asiago cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper and combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed and set aside.
3. Slice the eggplants into 1/3 inch thick rounds and lay onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the salt over the eggplant and let sit for about an hour.
4. Using a paper towel, blot off the salt and water and place back onto parchment paper.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Combine the remaining olive oil, paprika and garlic salt in a small bowl. Using a small brush, brush the olive oil mixture onto both sides of the eggplant.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on the eggplant as you don’t want to let it burn.
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle with finishing salt and serve immediately with the Cashew Cilantro Pesto Dipping Sauce.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.