Dandelion Salad w/ Pomegranate Seeds, Pine Nuts, & Delicata SquashVeggies: Dandelion Greens
- 6 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 unpeeled medium delicata squash or 1 medium acorn squash, halved, seeded, cut into 24 wedges total
- 1 pound dandelion greens, thick stems trimmed, leaves cut into 2-inch lengths (about 12 cups)1 1/2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Whisk pomegranate juice and vinegars in bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Rewhisk before using.
Melt 2 teaspoons butter in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/3 of squash wedges. Cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer squash wedges to rimmed baking sheet. Repeat 2 more times with remaining butter and squash wedges. Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
Preheat oven to 450°F. Transfer squash to oven; bake 20 minutes.
Mix greens, pomegranate seeds, and pine nuts in large bowl. Toss with half of dressing. Divide among plates; top with squash. Drizzle with dressing.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.